Every end of year WordPress is rewarding his bloggers with automated generated reports containing most important statistic related to the blog activities during ending year. More than, report could be published. This was the case with cloud☁mania’s “2015 in Blogging” report published in WordPress version in December 31st. Now I’m coming back with more statistics to better describe cloud☁mania’s performances during last year.
How was 2015 for cloud☁mania?
First of all it was a parallel evolution with market trends. The major trend in this powerful emerging digital disruptions period is business transformation, and cloud☁mania started his own transformation process from “more than a simple blog” in beginning year 2013, to “social-technology platform” in 2014, and “knowledge platform for Cloud and business transformation” in the second half of 2015. A barometer of business transformation momentum for biggest technology providers will be one of the main knowledge transfer project from the beginning of 2016.
From publishing perspective 2015 was quite good, growing the total archive to 295 articles. Despite a disproportioned number of articles in the historical evolution: from 164 in 2013, to 51 in 2014 and 79 in 2015, overall audience was better in last year, surpassing with 111 percent number of viewed articles in 2013, and with 124 percent total views from 2014.
But in 2015 cloud☁mania was not involved only in article publishing. It was also 3rd edition of Catalog Cloud Computing Romania – dedicated to Mobile Cloud, well appreciated in the local and international industry. Other important activities were related to promotion, jury evaluation, and social-media support for Euro-Cloud Award Romania 2015 and dedicated presentation of awarded solutions. Other activities reflected in article’s topic are special partnerships with IDC for first IoT Forum in Bucharest (October 2015), Agora Group and iBusiness in various events organised during 2015. Exclusivity interview with Sorin Mandrutescu from Oracle was other publishing initiative of cloud☁mania in 2015 very appreciated by the readers.
Most popular articles
Looking to most popular articles during analysed period is very interesting in the first 10, only 5 were published in 2015, and 5 are oldest. According WordPress this is a sign the power of article’s content is still active attracting readers after 1-2 years.
Analyzing only 2015 published articles, 40 was in Romanian and 39 in English. More represented categories are:
☁ Research (38%)
☁ Events (29%)
☁ Business (23%)
☁ ABC (20%)
☁ Made in Romania (16%)
New Categories were introduced in 2015: ☁ Digital Transformation, ☁ Internet of Everything, and ☁ Engineering.
Top 10 International Articles (English language):
1. GARTNER IaaS MAGIC QUADRANT 2015
2. FOG COMPUTING – A NATURAL BRIDGE BETWEEN CLOUD AND IoT
3. ROMANIAN STARTUP CLOUD SOLUTION ELEFIN NOMINEE FOR THE FINAL OF EuroCloud AWARD 2015
4. ELEFIN CASH THERAPY – ROMANIAN CLOUD SOLUTION NOMINEE FOR EuroCloud AWARD 2015 FINAL
5. BEST EUROPEAN CLOUD SERVICES AWARDED IN EuroCloud EUROPE FORUM 2015
6. IDC IoT Forum Bucharest: From Enterprise Assets Intelligence to Industrial Internet
7. StarVault ELASTICLOUD – MOST INNOVATIVE CLOUD SOLUTION ESTABLISHED BY EuroCloud AWARD ROMANIA IN 2015
8. QUOTE OF THE WEEK: LARRY ELLISON, ORACLE
9. APIs FOR DUMMIES, IBM LIMITED EDITION
10. VIRTUAL DATA CENTER FROM TELEKOM ROMANIA – RECOGNIZED BY EuroCloud AWARD ROMANIA AS THE BEST CLOUD SERVICE HORIZONTAL MARKETS
Top 10 Local Articles (Romanian Language):
1. DESPRE CLOUD SI STRATEGIA ORACLE DE TRANSFORMARE DIGITALA CU DOMNUL SORIN MINDRUTESCU, ORACLE COUNTRY LEADER ROMANIA & CENTRAL EASTERN EUROPE CLOUD LEADER
2. PRIMA CONFERINTA INTERNATIONALA IoT DIN ROMANIA
3. DESPRE MOBILITATE IN CLOUD CU DOAMNA ANDREEA MARASESCU
4. DESPRE MOBILITATE IN CLOUD CU DOMNUL ROBERT KOMARTIN
5. CATALOG CLOUD COMPUTING – MOBILE CLOUD
6. DISRUPTIVE NU SUNT TEHNOLOGIILE, CI MODELELE MUTANTE DE BUSINESS
7. DESPRE ROCS DIN FATA, DAR MAI ALES DIN SPATELE CORTINEI…
8. BATALIA TITANILOR CLOUD E ABIA LA INCEPUT
9. SHADOW IT, UN PERICOL CARE PANDESTE DIN UMBRA
10. CINE SE TEME DE UBERIZARE?
Geographical distribution of visitors
During last year cloud☁mania received visitors from 107 countries and territories. Interesting is only 39% from visitors are coming from Romania, 61% representing international readers. Remembering in 2013 more than 70% of cloud☁mania visitors were Romanians, it is a clear evolution to the worldwide reader addressability.
TOP 10 countries, in % from total number of International visitors:
- United States 23%
- India 22%
- UK 7%
- Russia 5%
- France 5%
- Germany 3%
- Australia 2%
- Japan 2%
- Netherlands 2%
- Brazil 1%
Looking to a distribution on continents, most of visitors are coming from Europe, Asia-Pacific, and North America:
- Europe (including Russia) 36%
- Asia-Pacific 32%
- North America 25%
- Australia & New Zeeland 3%
- South & Central America 3%
- Africa 2%
So, let’s 2016 activities beginning. We have a lot of things to do. At least 80-90 articles, one-two editions of Cloud Computing Catalog, a dedicated series of Cloud and digital transformation events, new special partnerships and some pioneering projects.