Continuing our review of EuroCloud 2015 awarded solutions here is the winner for a very heavy services category: “Best Cloud service for horizontal markets”. Romanian contest jury established “Virtual Data Center” offered by the powerful operator Telekom Romania as best services in this category.
Virtual Data Center is the main IaaS solution provided by Telekom Romania, offering a suite of processing resources (virtual processor, RAM and storage space per disc) in any national data center, managing a vCloud interface to instantly create one or more virtual servers.
Virtual Data Center (VDC) is a premium service server hosting, IT equipment and business applications that provides maximum data security and technical conditions for the best uptime of critical applications. Telekom Romania is the only operator with its own national data network and direct interconnection with the major international operator data.
According Telekom Romania public site VDC infrastructure benefits should be considered for:
- Zero initial investment, CAPEX costs becoming OPEX;
- Simple remote management of management Web portal Cloud Director;
- Flexible configuration – VPS being configured with number of processor, RAM and disk storage space function of needs;
- Warranty running 99.999% SLA backed by powerful technical platform and geographically redundancy;
- Instant Activation;
- Support 24/24, 7/7 days.
VDC is offering a wide range of service categories:
- Colocation – Tier 3 hosting space, high security, with geographical distribution, business continuity & disaster recovery;
- Dedicated Hardware & Software – any device and application as monthly subscription;
- Connectivity – private or public, with guaranteed bandwidth or best effort, and unlimited traffic;
- Managed services – specialized support services and IT infrastructure outsourcing;
- Shared Services – the ability to share dedicated equipment.
Looking to the Virtual Data Center features it should be considered:
- High processing power – The platform is using cutting-edge blade servers and a new concept of architecture (Next Generation Data Center) where the equipment (servers, storage, switches, etc.) are no longer separate entities, being integrated into a single infrastructure, unified and Integrated by Unified Fabric technology;
- Enterprise class performance equipment – best equipment from world leaders in the field like EMC, VMware, and Cisco was selected for platform building;
- Performant and differentiated storage – VDC offer is including 4 types of storage from high capacity discs recommended for back-up or data archiving, to high speed access disks for applications with real time access to database;
- Physical and geographical redundancy – VDC is the only platform with geographically distributed Tier 3 data centers located in different cities from Romania, being the only platform which can sustain a real 99.999% availability guaranteed by SLA.
For more info related to packages, configuration, and services prices you should contact Telekom Romania Web site, call centers or specialized stores.
After a simple online account opening anyone could test HERE the Virtual Data Center platform FOR FREE.
Images Source: Telekom Romania
- StarVault ELASTICLOUD – MOST INNOVATIVE CLOUD SOLUTION ESTABLISHED BY EuroCloud AWARD ROMANIA IN 2015 – cloudmania, October 8, 2015
- ELEFIN CASH THERAPY – ROMANIAN CLOUD SOLUTION NOMINEE FOR EuroCloud AWARD 2015 FINAL– cloudmania, October 7, 2015
- ROMANIAN STARTUP CLOUD SOLUTION ELEFIN NOMINEE FOR THE FINAL OF EuroCloud AWARD 2015 – cloudmania, October 6, 2015
- STATUS HEALTHCARE – A HUB FOR DOCTORS AND MEDICAL SERVICES PROVIDERS TO REMOTE INTERACT WITH PATIENTS – cloudmania, September 23, 2015
- CASTIGATORII PREMIILOR EuroCloud Romania 2015 – cloudmania, July 8, 2015