Continuing the marathon review of winners in the Romanian EuroCloud Award 2015 contest, it’s time now to know more about Zitec Cloud Migration services established by the Romanian jury as „Best Cloud Transformation Methods”.
Zitec – one of the main Romanian online applications developer, has been appointed in 2015 edition of EuroCloud contest as the local supplier with the best Cloud migration methodology. Zitec is currently offers Cloud migration services to multinational companies, but also is addressing small & medium and start-up’s needs. The migration process is involving a large range of server configuration for each application. Migrations are covering both open-source and proprietary technologies in one or multiple Cloud platforms geographically distributed.
“Receiving recognition for the Best Cloud Transformation Methods is honoring Zitec and is a confirmation for many successful Cloud projects deployed as migration or new services development. We had delivered such projects for both open-source or proprietary products, having as clients small, medium companies, but corporate also. I want to thanks to whole Zitec migration team for their proved commitment, to our clients, to our partners, and to all involved in EuroCloud phenomena”, said Alexandru Lapusan, CEO and Founding Partner at Zitec.
Zitec Cloud Migration Service is coming with a package of professional benefits offered to the clients:
- Based on proper handling of potential business impacts – The first step in every migration is a technical audit, in order to understand the architecture of all the applications running on the servers that need to be migrated. The audit report contains the service architecture of the system, and at least two migration scenarios: one tailored for lift-and-shift migrations, second as a migration process that involves code changes. The second step is to create a proof of concept migration, which usually means migrating all the application components. This step is required in order to test the cloud architecture in a controlled environment. The customer’s Quality Assurance / SysOps departments are involved to validate the migrated application.
- Expertly and punctual execution of the consulting service – Having quality assurance tests successfully completed, the service is fit to full capacity run, import production data and perform a stress test on the system. Customer being ready to switch to the cloud platform, a final data sync is performed and apps DNS entries are changed to point to the application hosted in the cloud. For large scale migration automation scripts are developed to help the team in charge of overseeing the system scale resources up and down, depending on the traffic patterns.
- Proven methodologies and tools to ensure customers transformation and
migration processes – Zitec is using various tools for migrating and adapting the customer application to the targeted cloud platform , like Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter, Microsoft Migration Accelerator (for real to virtual conversion), or AzCopy, Amazon Web Service CLI, Microsoft Azure PowerShell (for copying). Also a set of stress test tools are used ( Apache JMeter, Siege, Apache Bench), as well as tools for monitoring and logging ( Pingdom, Nagios, Amazon Cloud Watch, Azure Monitoring, SeaLion, AppDynamics, NewRelic, or Zend Z-Ray. Centralized logging tools like Amazon Cloud Watch and Loggly are mandatory for cloud solutions, as all instances hosted in the cloud are considered volatile.
- Customer compliance conformity – For generic cloud industry standards compliancy only EU and International certified platforms are used. Both platforms Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure are complying with EU Model Clauses – the European standard for data protection and with the global ISO 27001 security standard. If the customers are from a highly-regulated industry, such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, or utilities, the services could be verified with specific authority for compliance, industry laws and regulations. Finally, the services should be compliant also with internal customer established standards.
Speaking about the most interesting Cloud projects delivered by Zitec on local market we can see Black – Friday event campaign generated by local retailer Flanco on the Microsoft Azure platform, a pilot program for one of top energy provider, the migration of business management systems for Paravion.ro, and implementation of VideoPublishing.com platform on the Amazon AWS infrastructure.
Image Source: zitec.com
- VIRTUAL DATA CENTER FROM TELEKOM ROMANIA – RECOGNIZED BY EuroCloud AWARD ROMANIA AS THE BEST CLOUD SERVICE HORIZONTAL MARKETS – cloudmania, October 8, 2015
- StarVault ELASTICLOUD – MOST INNOVATIVE CLOUD SOLUTION ESTABLISHED BY EuroCloud AWARD ROMANIA IN 2015 – cloudmania, October 8, 2015
- ELEFIN CASH THERAPY – ROMANIAN CLOUD SOLUTION NOMINEE FOR EuroCloud AWARD 2015 FINAL– cloudmania, October 7, 2015
- ROMANIAN STARTUP CLOUD SOLUTION ELEFIN NOMINEE FOR THE FINAL OF EuroCloud AWARD 2015 – cloudmania, October 6, 2015
- STATUS HEALTHCARE – A HUB FOR DOCTORS AND MEDICAL SERVICES PROVIDERS TO REMOTE INTERACT WITH PATIENTS – cloudmania, September 23, 2015
- CASTIGATORII PREMIILOR EuroCloud Romania 2015 – cloudmania, July 8, 2015
One thought on “CLOUD MIGRATION SERVICES FROM ZITEC AWARDED FOR “BEST CLOUD TRANSFORMATION METHODS””