Time is passing…Three years ago “Avalansa BigData” (EN: BigData Avalanche) was the first article published in cloud☁mania.
But this was not properly the beginning of my editorial activity. This was more than 20 years ago… The first blogging articles was already online versions articles published in business and technical media. cloud☁mania was from beginning an ambition. It was my wish to come with something new, something different in professional social media dedicated to IT.
Cloud wasn’t an arbitrary subject. From the start everything was designed for the Cloud. A big volume of data about Cloud existing. Huge volume of information received every day. All of these had to be better valued. From the beginning cloud☁mania was not a simple Blog. It was a platform for social development of a lot of activities related to Cloud computing technologies. After the first original articles and surveys, everything had start to be in a shape. A Cloud knowledge platform shape based on articles, studies, Webinars, business presentations, consultancy, partnerships, Cloud Catalogues, Cloud contest jury membership, international workshops, exclusivity interviews, international events, media sponsorship, education, trainings, specializations, certifications, careers, and what I better like: most interesting key studies and Cloud adoption success stories.
What’s happened with cloud☁mania in 3 years? Let’s figures talk:
- +313 articles/ blog post
- 22 Cloud categories
- +25500 views…
Top 10 International Articles (English language) in the last year:
- GARTNER IaaS MAGIC QUADRANT 2015
- FOG COMPUTING – A NATURAL BRIDGE BETWEEN CLOUD AND IoT
- ROMANIAN STARTUP CLOUD SOLUTION ELEFIN NOMINEE FOR THE FINAL OF EuroCloud AWARD 2015
- ELEFIN CASH THERAPY – ROMANIAN CLOUD SOLUTION NOMINEE FOR EuroCloud AWARD 2015 FINAL
- BEST EUROPEAN CLOUD SERVICES AWARDED IN EuroCloud EUROPE FORUM 2015
- IDC IoT Forum Bucharest: From Enterprise Assets Intelligence to Industrial Internet
- StarVault ELASTICLOUD – MOST INNOVATIVE CLOUD SOLUTION ESTABLISHED BY EuroCloud AWARD ROMANIA IN 2015
- First IoT Catalog in Romania
- QUOTE OF THE WEEK: LARRY ELLISON, ORACLE
- APIs FOR DUMMIES, IBM LIMITED EDITION
- VIRTUAL DATA CENTER FROM TELEKOM ROMANIA – RECOGNIZED BY EuroCloud AWARD ROMANIA AS THE BEST CLOUD SERVICE HORIZONTAL MARKETS
Top 10 Local Articles (Romanian Language) in last year:
- DESPRE CLOUD SI STRATEGIA ORACLE DE TRANSFORMARE DIGITALA CU DOMNUL SORIN MINDRUTESCU (About Cloud and Oracle Digital transformation Strategy, with Sorin Mindrutescu)
- PRIMA CONFERINTA INTERNATIONALA IoT DIN ROMANIA (First International IoT Conference in Romania)
- CINE SE TEME DE UBERIZARE? (Who is Afraid Uberisation?)
- PUTEREA ANALITICĂ A SISTEMELOR FOG COMPUTING (Analytical Power of Fog Computing Systems)
- DISRUPTIVE NU SUNT TEHNOLOGIILE, CI MODELELE MUTANTE DE BUSINESS (Disruptive are not Technologies, but Mutant Business Models)
- DE UNDE AU APARUT FURNIZORII IoT? (From Where IoT Providers are Coming?)
- SUNTEM DESTUL DE INTELIGENȚI PENTRU VIITOARELE SMART CITIES? (Are We Intelligent Enaugh for the Future Smart Cities?)
- DESPRE ROCS DIN FATA, DAR MAI ALES DIN SPATELE CORTINEI… (About ROCS from the Front, but More from Back of the Curtain…)
- BATALIA TITANILOR CLOUD E ABIA LA INCEPUT (Cloud Titans War Just Beginning)
- DESPRE MOBILITATE IN CLOUD CU DOAMNA ANDREEA MARASESCU (About Cloud Mobility with Andreea Marasescu)
- SHADOW IT, UN PERICOL CARE PANDESTE DIN UMBRA (Shadow IT, a Shadow Threat…)
Most Appreciated Categories:
• PRACTIC • ABC • Research • Events • Media
Geographic distribution of cloud☁mania’s visitors
Here was an interesting phenomenon. If in the first year 2013 more than 70% from visitors were from Romania, in 2014 International visitors represented 57%, and in 2015 were more than 62% from yearly number of visits, and in this year beginning 66%… cloud☁mania’s visbility is now global. Visitor’s map is including now 136 countries and territories.
Coming back to figures, excepting Romania, Top 10 Visitors Countries are:
1. United States 25.38% from total visitor number (excepting Romania)
2. India 13.82%
3. UK 7.24%
4. Germany 4.44%
5. France 3.98%
6. Russia 3.53%
7. Italy 2,07%
8. Czech Rep. 2.03%
9. Canada 1.89%
10. Japan 1.71%
Looking to countries repartition on continents (Romania included):
North America 28%
South America 3%
A lot of projects are in 2016 agenda. At least two new editions of Romanian Cloud Computing Catalogue will be released. More focus will be on digital transformation and how business and industries are reacting to digital technologies. Digital transformation, digital industry, IoT, M2M, smart communities will be constant subjects. In the same time, Cloud computing evolution, second Cloud wave, Cloud migration, Cloud adoption, Cloud restriction, Cloud security, Cloud certification, Cloud standards, and Cloud specialization will continue to represent the main attention for cloud☁mania.
More activities for digital knowledge, digital transformation barometer, and Cloud in depth analyses will be the main development drivers for cloud☁mania in 2016.
One thought on “3 YEARS OF CLOUD☁MANIA”
I found one of the Cloud Computing tutorial at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AbuHFjeeak which is useful for beginners as well as Advance learner’s to learn about the various Cloud Computing related functions.